Saturday, February 8, 2014

Low Calorie Pizza Casserole Recipe

Here is one of our favorite low calorie recipes that I made many times last year. It is perfect for picky eaters (like my husband) and very filling.

Pizza Casserole

Ingredients:
1 lb 92% lean beef
15 oz spaghetti sauce
1 can of refrigerated pizza dough
1 1/2 cups part-skim mozzarella
Optional: Mushrooms

-Preheat oven to 425 degrees
-Grease a 9x13 casserole dish (I like glass)
-Cook beef in a skillet and drain excess fat


-Add spaghetti sauce to cooked beef

-Roll dough out into casserole dish pushing up the sides

-Pour meat mixture into dough

-Top with optional mushrooms

-Top with mozzarella cheese

-Bake in center of oven for 16 minutes

-Cut into 8ths


One eighth of the casserole is approximately 290 calories. If you decrease the leanness of the beef, you will increase your calories. This is a very hardy meal that is also kid friendly. I prefer the mushrooms while my husband does not so I only put them on half of the dish. This dish also reheats well for lunch the next day.  I can make this meal for approximately $12-$14 depending on sale prices of beef.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment